27.10.11

TRAVEL: Matukad Island


Rank as the no. 1 Caramoan Attraction at Tripadvisor among the rest. Luckily I was able to set my foot on this place during our island hopping at Caramoan Peninsula


One of the places of interest on this island is the HIDDEN LAGOON, which you can only see by climbing up the steep limestone formations found on the side of the island. Mind you one wrong step and you can fall of into the sharp rocks.




I wasn’t able to take photos while I was climbing because it is really a death-defying climb of my life—hahaha! I decided to climb the cliff barefooted so I could easily balance myself. Our boatman was to the lead so I could observe how he does it. – I bet he already memorized where to step his foot because he was so swift. -- hahaha!

As I reached the summit of the cliff my appearance was in all sweat and my heart was beating fast. But everything has changed in a split when I saw Matukad Island from the top of the cliff. It is a breathtaking view. The calmness of sea and as the sun shines on the sand makes it more striking.



After a few minutes of rest we continued to descend a little on the other side of the cliff to have a closer look of the hidden lagoon.  Then our boatman started to tell the tale of “MYSTICAL BANGUS”.



“Noon dalawa yang bangus na makikita diyan, pero meron isang mangingisda na humuli at ginawang ulam ng kanyang pamilya yung bangus. Kinabukasan namatay yung buong pamilya. “ (Long time ago there were two milkfish found on this lagoon but a fisherman tried to catch one and his family ate it. Then the next day the family died.)

Afterwards we started to get off from the cliff. I was a bit shaking while we were going down because I could see how high I was. My hands felt numb as I started to grip the sharp limestone to make sure that I won’t fall.

Climbing this cliff made me realize that if I didn’t take the risk of doing this I would  not be able to see the other side of the island and its beauty from a different view. Just like in life sometimes we just need to gamble and take the risk because we’ll never know what could happen next if we don’t step up bravely and conquer our fear.



P.S.
Pardon me because it has been a week since my last post entry. I've been sick for the past weeks. But as of writing I am already well.


1 comment: